My Fried Chicken Livers.
You can have My Fried Chicken Livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Fried Chicken Livers
- It’s 1 pint of container of chicken livers.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Grapeseed oil or other for frying.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
- You need of Old Bay seasoning.
My Fried Chicken Livers step by step
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible..
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side..
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes..
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce..