Mixed greens and pomelo salad with passionfruit dressing. The crunch of cool cucumbers and romaine lettuce, sweet red peppers and creamy avocado all smothered in a unique sweet and light. Since all salad dressings need to have a sour component, whisking in some of the passionfruit pulp instead of a vinegar or lemon juice, imparts a lovely fruity flavour to the dressing. Here's the recipe for a mixed vegetable and fruit salad using a passionfruit dressing.
Mixed Green Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipes. Mexican Green Salad with Jalapeño-Cilantro DressingCookie and Kate. Greek Salad Dressing With Feta Cheese Recipes. You can have Mixed greens and pomelo salad with passionfruit dressing using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mixed greens and pomelo salad with passionfruit dressing
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of passionfruit juice.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of vinegar (I recommend apple cider).
- Prepare 1 tbs of lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbs of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Salad.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of lettuce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rocket.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pomelo, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of toasted nuts (I used macadamia).
- Prepare 1/2 of small shallot, thinly sliced.
Yellow & Green Courgette Salad With. Prepared mustard makes the salad dressing zesty. If you like, try replacing the olive oil with pickle juice for an even lighter version. In a salad bowl, toss the salad greens with the carrots, mushrooms, olives and peas.
Mixed greens and pomelo salad with passionfruit dressing instructions
- For the dressing, heat the passionfruit juice in a small pan until almost boiling..
- Let cool, then combine with all other ingredients and blend thoroughly. Keeps in the fridge for a week. Shake before using..
- In a separate bowl, combine the salad ingredients..
- Pour dressing on salad and enjoy..
Pomelo salad, like most traditional Thai salads, needs to be consumed immediately after it's tossed. That is when the flavor rises to a crescendo before it steadily and rapidly declines. The salad does not keep well and it certainly cannot be refrigerated and reheated without being utterly annihilated. This salad of apples, Parmesan cheese, and mixed greens is topped with walnuts and tossed with a snappy honey vinaigrette. Think in-season apples and greenhouse baby greens from the farmers market.