Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken. This recipe for Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches provides a quick and easy way to eat home-cooked BBQ without using a grill. I have gotten a lot of feedback from subscribers of my blog that they would like to see ways to prepare grilled dishes without using a grill. This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken makes an easy, weeknight meal you can use in so many ways!
I used to use Sweet Baby Rays and still love the flavor – but don't love. Our easy pulled chicken recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker to suit your preference. This recipe will quickly become a family favorite. You can cook Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- It’s 3 of large chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of bbq sauce (sweet baby ray’s).
- You need 3 tsp of ketjap (or Worcester sauce).
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated onion plus juice (optional).
Thanks to North Coast for sponsoring this post, and thanks to you for supporting our partners. Why we love Instant Pot or slow cooker BBQ pulled. This Instant Pot BBQ chicken recipe works with breasts, thighs, legs, thawed chicken or frozen. That's where this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken comes into play.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken step by step
- Place the ingredients in the instant pot in this order: chicken stock (or water), chicken, onion powder, garlic, powder, paprika, salt, BBQ sauce, grated onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Do NOT stir. You want the water to stay on the bottom of the pot so the instant pot comes to pressure..
- Place the lid on the instant pot making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press manual (high pressure) and set to 15 minutes..
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes..
- Add more BBQ sauce if desired..
- Remove chicken from instant pot and shred well..
- Return to instant pot and sauté or Slow cook in Instant Pot if sauce is too thin after shredding, until desired thickness is achieved).
- Enjoy on sandwiches, salads, BBQ plates and more! Best with King’s Hawaiian Rolls..
This dish is everything that a back-up plan should be: Super fast – We know the Instant Pot gets dinner on the table fast, but depending on. "Great, easy, and fast BBQ pulled chicken in the Instant Pot®, no grilling needed! The grandchildren really enjoy this and ask for it often." Arrange chicken on the rack. A deliciously easy Instant Pot BBQ chicken recipe. I'm still so in love with my Instant Pot. As the liquid is evaporating, take two forks and shred the chicken thighs.